Pilgrimage routes in the Murau-Murtal: Finding yourself one step at a time
This rustic way of travelling appeals to more people today than ever before. Every year thousands of people take the opportunity to balance body and soul on one of the many pilgrim routes - from the Olavsweg in Norway to perhaps the most famous pilgrimage route of all - the Way of St. Paul in Spain.
Whether you travel alone or as a group - a break from everyday life could hardly be simpler and more rustic. The Murau-Murtal offers two fantastic pilgrimage routes.
Pictures of the Way of St. Hemma
Reasons for a pilgrimage in the Murau-Murtal:
- A pilgrimage offers the greatest possible contrast to hectic everyday life.
- Just you and your backpack, reduced to the essentials.
- The way ahead of you and your own pace.
- Enough time to clear your head and get things straight.
- Reaching your physical limits and becoming something greater than yourself.
- Ample opportunities for wonderful encounters and a unique sense of community with other pilgrims.